Telecommunication Engineering in Nigeria is one of those critical and easily sellable disciplines in that only a few universities offer them and the skills are growing in demand. This is post is made ( and will always bee kept up to date) to help you discover Universities that enroll students for Telecommunication Engineering studies in Nigeria.
It is also wise to note that aside from these schools that offer these degrees in our higher institutions, there are quite a good number of online universities alongside open universities that still award the degree in different capacities. While searching for schools that offer telecommunication engineering in Nigeria, there are just a few questions that could also keep students and guardians guided their choices of institutions.
They include these questions asking questions such as:
- Are the schools accredited by the NUC?
- What has been the history of these institutions
- What do you need to study Telecommunication in a Nigerian University?
- What are the requirements to graduate as a telecommunication engineer in Nigeria?
- Schools that offer Master degree Programmes in Telecommunication Engineering (in Nigeria)
- Can I continue till my PhD in Telecommunication Engineering?
- Opportunities to Study telecommunication Engineering abroad
Telecommunications engineer is responsible for designing complex electronic switching systems and in the specific type of Technology such as telephone networks, satellite communication signals, radio communications transmission, and managing hardware systems. The industry is always in need of telecommunication experts in project management fields which also deal with installation, maintenance, supervision and exchange of transmission cables and signals from the transmission point to the receiving end.
State and Federal Universities Offering Telecommunication Engineering in Nigeria
- Bayero University, Kano State.
- Federal University of Technology Minna
- Ahmadu Bello University, A.B.U, Zaria.
Federal University of Technology, Oweri
Private Universities Offering Telecommunication Engineering in Nigeria
- Achievers University AU
- Baze University, Fct, Abuja.
- Bells University (BUT)
- Salem University, Lokoja Kogi State (SAU)
Federal Poly Offering Telecom Engineering
- Airforce Institute of Technology
This list of Universities takes us back to the questions mentioned from at the onset of this journal, trying to figure out the necessary criteria for accepting provisional offers of admission into any of these institutions in Nigeria, and other information needed as one prepares his/her academic journey in the discipline.
Having known that these schools have the backings of the National University Commission (NUC), one may need to proceed with ascertaining the possibilities of proceeding with masters and PhD studies in or outside Nigeria. More diligent searches like this will continue to make the differences until you bag that dream degree.